Director of Supply Chain - Buffalo
SparkCharge is looking for a dynamic, creative and self-driven Director of Supply Chain to achieve business case requirements and support the growth strategy for the business segment. This position reports to the CTO, it's a high visibility position with growth opportunity. In this position, you'll play a crucial role in developing a range of exciting new products with potential for massive global health and environmental impacts.
TITLE: Director of Supply Chain
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
REPORTS TO: CTO
SparkCharge makes portable, ultra-fast, charging stations for electric vehicle owners. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving startup with both a technical and creative environment. If you are looking to work with an agile and ambitious product development group with a passion for tech and a powerful social mission, we’re your company. As an employee at SparkCharge you’ll solve challenging and interesting problems, work with an exceptional team, take ideas from concept through large-scale production, and make a real positive impact on things that matter.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will develop, manage and implement category/sourcing strategies to deliver value to the business with the right supply base, quality, delivery and cost. This position requires evaluating market conditions, delivering material cost reductions, benchmarking/developing and managing ongoing relationships with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to deliver value to the business.
• Lead category specific sourcing activities, including but not limited to: monitor and anticipate key market trends, spend analysis, supplier selection, benchmarking, supply base optimization, negotiations, cost reductions, contracting, product lifecycle management, building business cases and source to meet program timing to achieve flawless launch.
• Develop best procurement practices to lead and manage procurement teams and optimize business efficiency.
• Innovate within the procurement space, automate and/or improve tools or processes to improve efficiency.
• Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business segment performance.
• Lead business reviews with strategic suppliers on quarterly basis to improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships.
• Drive improvements with supply base to meet and/or exceed y-o-y improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
• Negotiate and manage supplier contracts; evaluate supplier performance and develop creative improvement plans.
• Develop mechanisms, metrics and scorecards to measure and track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost.
• Perform procurement reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities.
• Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and support business process improvements initiatives.
• Travel is required; occasionally on short notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
- 10+ years' experience in procurement organization related to category, supplier and contract management, and negotiations for complex purchases in manufacturing or electronics industry
- 10+ years of contract manufacturing experience.
- 10+ years' experience dealing with electrical/electronic components (semiconductors, connection systems, housings, terminals, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Resourcefully innovate and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to develop customer relations and interfaces
- Strong procurement leader who can drive organization transformation, develop and implement category strategies, and has influence across all levels of an organization
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, assertive, optimistic, and accountable when working with suppliers and various SparkCharge cross-functional teams to drive change
- Empowered decision maker/relationship-builder with high integrity
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
• Procurement experience in the automotive industry